Selective Treatment: 8 Principles of Psychotherapy
There frequently is a disconnect between what is taught in classes by research faculty and what is taught in clinical practica by practice-oriented supervisors. This course will present a research-based method for teaching the clinical and scientific principles and practices that underlie effective change in supervision. It is organized around 8 evidence-based principles that include both common and specific factors that produce change. There are five sequential courses, starting with an introduction and proceeding through the 8 principles of STS Assisted Supervision, all delivered via the cloud. These principles are applicable to all models of psychotherapy and encourage students and practitioners to use their unique models and interventions in ways that can be applied in clinical supervisions to tailor treatment based on client factors. It will also provide information on how to utilize the Innerlife STS Cloud Mobile Platform (www.innerlife.com) to ensure training fidelity and optimize skill development. Finally it will teach participants in the use of client qualities to identify differential treatment application that have been shown in research to improve both student skill and client outcomes.
In this course, you will learn how to make your practice evidence-based so that it can be integrated as part of the primary medical care system. You will also learn to use the Innerlife STS Cloud Mobile Platform to:
- Assess your patients automatically
- Continuously gather data about how your patients feel
- Write accurate, professional-grade, evidence-based reports quickly
- Graph patient analytics
Price: $50 tuition plus a one-dollar video rental fee ($51 total) per one hour course.
Educational objectives: SAMHSA (2016) has included STS based psychotherapy to its new list of research based procedures. The assessment procedure (STS Innerlife) for applying STS psychotherapy operates as a aid to help develop and implement effective treatment plans The STS Innerlife has been listed by APA as a validated psychological test. With evidence from available research both that the use of STS is efficacious, that application of the principles can be learned both by students and their supervisors, and that STS assisted supervision enhances patient gains over supervision as usual, WebPsych Corp. the owner of the Innerlife STS Cloud Mobile Platform sets the following goals for psychologists who participate in our continuing education programs:
- Gain a working knowledge of at least eight core, empirically established cross-cutting STS principles as applied to assisted psychotherapy supervision and/or practice. .
- Reliably apply these STS principles to psychotherapy supervision and/or to practice in a reliable and competent fashion that includes assessment of patient improvement.
- Extend the use of STS and its empirical principles to the identification of behavioral health needs of primary care and diverse behavioral health populations.
- Consult with behavioral health and medical providers and programs to update and broaden the validation and utilization of STS principles within an integrated assessment and intervention systems whose application tends to enhance treatment gains among diverse populations.
Target Audience: Doctoral-level psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, mental health counselors, marriage- and family therapists
Preview: To preview the course, please navigate to our Vimeo Pro page and click on the button labeled “Watch Trailer.”
Schedule: This course allows the participant to request and receive live consultation with the instructor, if needed. The consultation is separate from the instruction itself and will be scheduled directly with the instructor.
Instructors: There are two instructors for the CE program — Larry E. Beutler and Satoko Kimpara. Larry E. Beutler is two-term president of International Society of Psychotherapy Research to monitor international findings and to work with researchers in U.S., Argentina, Spain, Japan, Korea Taiwan, and Mainland China closely. Satoko Kimpara Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist in California and have been working with undeserved and minority populations such as Latino and Asian Americans. She is also working with researchers among the U.S. Argentina, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Mainland China, and Indonesia closely. Instructors are selected who have engaged and are skilled in work settings that highly promote the needs and issues of a diverse population set, including University and Health Care System settings.
Instructors for this course are selected for this course based on:
- Having a significant track record of educational skills, and
- Possessing a national reputation in their area(s) of expertise, and
- Providing a comprehensive presentation for the anticipated audience, and who (3) will represent the broad diversity of psychology, and
- Understanding the need to include discussion of the commonalities and differences possible when working or training with issues of diversity, and
- Promoting participant mastery of specific strategies and behaviors that enhance inclusion of diverse populations, including those from under-served and minority populations
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations of any registrations for continuing education courses must be made via email to email@example.com. Any cancellation must be communicated at least five business days prior to the start of the continuing education course.
Contact Information: Phone: +1 408-515-1289; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no activities within this program that are not offered for CE credit.
To register for this course, please use the contact form below: